Spirit & Place wants unique events that engage the mind and heart. We want events that invite reflection and discussion related to the yearly theme. We want you to partner with others so that multiple perspectives inform all aspects of your event. We want you to help create bridges of understanding. We want you to use the festival as an opportunity to stretch yourself creatively, collaboratively, intellectually, and spiritually.
We want your best. And, yeah, we know that’s a lot!
The Spirit & Place Festival provides you the opportunity to help build up our community. For 10 days, Central Indiana residents are invited to share in a common experience built on exploration of a yearly theme. You have the power to help bring people together in dynamic and meaningful ways all the while elevating the work you and other arts, humanities, religious, and/or community organizations do.
That’s the power of Spirit & Place.
When submitting your event application . . .
- Be inventive and collaborative. We love to see innovation and risk-taking!
- Put the theme front and center. Be clear on how your event is connected to the theme and how the audience will experience/reflect upon the theme. (2017 theme is POWER.)
- Demonstrate your capacity. Challenge yourself to create something unique, but keep it focused enough so that you can accomplish your goals.
- Remember the arts, humanities, & religion. Use one or more of these disciplines as a vehicle to help you explore your idea.
- Force what isn’t there. If you’re stretching to make a theme connection, don’t.
- Ignore your audience. Invest the time in really talking about the needs, wants, and values of the audience you hope to attract.
- Get lost in language. The application questions have word limits for a reason: To force succinct explanations. Be descriptive, but direct. Compelling, but concise.
Remember, event applications are due Friday, April 21 at 5p.m.!
LINKS: Partner Resources: http://www.spiritandplace.org/Festival.aspx?access=Partners